Friday, March 13, 2009

IT'S HAPPENING!

The economy is turning around. I believe it is happening faster than we dared hope. Even though I'm in a part-time, near mimimum wage job, the day after President Obama said, ever so casually, that "now might be a good time to buy," I took that as a tip, scraped together a few bucks and bought some shares in FORD.

I believe that now is the time for ordinary citizens to take back our economy the same way we took back our country -- one share at a time. I can't afford a car but I can afford to buy shares in my favorite car company. Every day since then I've watched my stocks inch skyward a few points at a time. It's a thrill.

Just as I felt like part of the solution making phone calls and going door-to-door campaigning for Barack Obama, I now feel like part of the solution turning this economy around. I recently read that having a sense of control is (part of) the antidote to depression. Even at my miniscule level of participation, I can tell that it's true. So, if you are depressed about the depression, buy American! You'll be glad you did.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

rock on cynthia gonzo johnston

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home