Friday, October 14, 2005

WILL KARL ROVE BE INDICTED?


At this very moment, Karl Rove is wrapping up his fourth appearance before the Grand Jury investigating the infamous CIA leak. The media are lying in wait for him to emerge from the Federal Courthouse. I'm in the kitchen, lying in wait in front of the TV. There is but one question on everyone's lips:

Will the president's chief of staff be indicted? And if so, for what crime?

All week, Air America Radio has been predicting 22 indictments. If they are even close, one of them will most certainly have Karl Rove's name on it. If he is indicted, can Scooter Libby, the vice president's chief of staff, be far behind?

My hunch is that they will both be indicted. I also believe that during the trial, their fingerprints will be found all over the original "report" that Saddam Hussein was seeking uranium for a weapons program.

Within minutes, I'll either be crowing or eating crow - but at least I've called my shot. Res Ipso Loquitor.

***********

UPDATE:
Monday, October 24, 2005

Posting from the Looney Bean in Mammoth Lakes, California, after a weekend of training on the mountain for the '06 Winter season. More about that at a later time. Right now we have other fish to fry.

Politically, nothing has changed since last week's post, except the speculation, which is getting louder and louder in the absense of anything concrete from the special prosecutor. CNN has all but predicted Libby and Rove will be indicted. My sense is that the mainstream media are chomping at the bit to "break" the story of All the President's Men being indicted for criminal conspiracy, including the Vice President. Over the weekend they were saying that indictments could be handed out as early as today. Today they're saying indictments could come as early as Wednesday, and that the White House is bracing for Rove and Libby to be indicted.

As a blogger, I don't have to wait for my editor to un-muzzle me. I have been predicting that Libby, Rove and Cheney will go down in flames since September 28, when it just came to me out of the blue that not only were they involved with the CIA leak, but also with planting the fake intelligence about Iraq seeking uranium for a weapons program - the same fake intelligence that paved our way to war.

Now to change the subject for a moment. Over the weekend, I was telling a colleague about my blog and added a warning that I was very left-wing. She paused a moment after letting me know she was not at all left wing, and asked me, "Don't you have any moderate views?" Well, that got me thinking, and the fact is, I do have a few moderate positions, which I may elaborate on at a later date, but for now, let me just say this:

I fervently hope and pray that Democracy takes hold in Iraq and that the elections provide the way. I am encouraged that the Sunnis chose to participate in the recent election on the new constitution. I see that as a good sign. I also think it's good that the Iraqi people will have a chance to modify that constitution in a future election.

I further believe that the only way we can honorably leave Iraq is through adequate training of Iraqi troops and peace-keeping personnel. This is one area where we failed miserably in Vietnam, and I hope and pray that we learned that lesson well. The fact that we summarily dismissed the Iraqi Army on our way in, however, doesn't bode well for lessons learned from Vietnam.

Another of my colleagues told me she has a son in Iraq and shares my opinions about Bush et al. More than anything, I hope and pray that her son comes home safe and sound. I hope and pray that no parent has to lose a son or a daughter to war - any war - ever again.

That's about as moderate as I get.

Pax vobiscum.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia Johnston said...

I delete all spam. Real comments are never deleted.

2:01 PM  
Blogger @nooil4pacifists said...

Again, Cynthia, even if they "outed" Valerie Plame (which I doubt), no one -- including Rove -- can be indicted because it's simply not a crime. For all the hype about an "illegal" war or "treasonous" leaks, leftists never seem to be able to point to any actual law the Administration violated.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home